Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Chili Spice Mix

Extended Life for: Jalapenos and Cilantro

In attendance of my own Bridal Shower a couple years ago, I received super-sized spices. I love cooking, therefore, I love spices. However, as is true with potato soup, the search for the perfect chili recipe is enjoyable yet laborious. Within me, resides a small inkling that the secret to the perfect chili lies in the spices. I am moving forward in discovering the "winning" chili, here is the spice mixture that I hope will bring it together.

Ingredients:

1/2 cup dried Parsley flakes
1/2 cup Chili powder
1/4 cup dried minced Onion
1/8 cup dried Jalapeno
1/8 cup dried Cilantro
2 Tbsp. Salt
2 Tbsp. Cornstarch
2 Tbsp. ground Cumin
1 Tbsp. Basil
1 Tbsp. Oregano
1 tsp. Cayenne pepper
1 1/2 tsp. Black pepper

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...